Steam content file locked is a common error that is specious in a way that it is always confused as a complex or complicated issue.
If are you a Steam user who is holding the steam content file locked? so you can’t play it without installing the game update If so, firmly this problem is avoiding you from updating the game.
How to solve steam content file locked errors on Steam and then you can follow the steps and fix it, but you don’t need to worry anymore because the admin will show you a solution on But before that, let’s have a quick overview of the matter.
Read more: What Is The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
Problem Of Steam Content File Locked
When the user tries to update any game on Steam, this error can occur. It throws this error, when it fails to update the file.
Users complain that they search csgo content file locked, ark content file locked, space engineers content file locked, pubg content file locked, paladins content file locked, smite content file locked, Dota 2 content file locked, miscreated content file locked, payday 2 content file locked in this game.
This error is mentioned above and not limited to the games . It can occur in any game on Steam. Fortunately, how to fix a content file locked in Steam here the admin will teach you.
Read more: How to solve Skyrim infinite loading screen Issue
How To Fix Steam Content File Locked
Move on to the Steam Locked Content Files solution without wasting any more time.
1: Find And Repair Damaged Files
There might be issues with corrupt files because of these files. You can try to delete and search the error files and then Steam will download them again automatically.
Follow the steps below to do this
- Firstly we close the Steam and navigate to your Steam directory. Mostly these are located in C: / Program Files (x86) /Steam . During installation, you have to navigate to it, if you have selected another place.
- Secondly, we go to the ‘ logs ‘ folder and open ‘ txt ‘.
- Thirdly, we have opened the file and go to the bottom of the text file and show for current errors.
- Fourthly, there may be several errors shown here with time and date, APPID, error description.
- Fifthly, you have to navigate to the root folder of the mod and delete it.
- Lastly, you have to try restarting Steam and you will see that Steam is asking for an update because you remove or deleted the file. If the problem is solved or not, update and then check.
2: Move Steam Installation And Game Files
Another way is to remove the Game files and Steam Installation. Removing Steam to a new place can fix the problem so let’s do it.
Read More: How To Post On Instagram From Mac
Follow the steps below
- Firstly, open Steam and click on Settings.
- Secondly, Click ‘ Download ‘ and click ‘ Steam Library Folders ‘.
- Thirdly, it’s time to add a new way for Steam, so click on ‘ Add Library Folder ‘ and add a new path.
- Fourthly, you have to move the file from the current place to the new place.
- Fifthly, now Close the Steam.
- Sixthly, we will open Steam’s current location on the C drive (C: \ Program Files \ Steam).
- Ctrl+x all files and folders from here and Ctrl+v them into the new location you have decided on.
- At the end, you have to launch Steam again and log into your account.
Now, if you have surface issues while relocating files and folders from the previous location to the new location or after launching them again, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, close Steam.
- Secondly, go to the location where you have moved all files and folders, i.e. the new location.
- Thirdly, search the ‘SteamApps‘ folder and move it from here to your desktop.
- Fourthly, You can click on Control panel–> Programs and qualities then right-clicking Steam and clicking Uninstall. Delete Steam from your system.
- Fifthly, install Steam again.
- Sixthly, we move the SteamApps folder to the new directory where you just installed the game. In this step, all saved data and games will be back with you.
- Seventhly, open Steam and log into your account.
- Lastly, we check the status of the problem.
Read More: Stylish Attitude Names For Instagram For Girl
3: Reset Winsock
The issue may happen because of the Winsock catalog. Do you follow these steps below to run the command to reset Winsock.
- Firstly, type run in the Windows search box and right-click the first result which comes forth. Click Run as administrator.
- Secondly, type netsh Winsock reset in the Run box and hit enter.
- Thirdly, the command will run and then restart your system and check if the issue got solved or not.
4: Check The Disk Scan
If the problem is related to your hard disk, you need to check.check the drive for bad sectors, you can try running a scan using “Disc Check”. You are follow the steps below to do it:
- Firstly, click on Windows Logo key + R and write cmd in it and press Enter.
- Secondly, type ” chkdsk c: / f ” and run the command by pressing the enter key.
- Thirdly, press ” Y ” and it will confirm the disk scan.
- You will be notified if there is an issue on the hard disk, when the disk scanning process will start.
- Check if the problem is still there or has been resolved after the disk scan is complete.
5: Run Steam As Administrator
If the problem still exists or goes away, try running Steam as an administrator and see. You will be required to give full access to Steam in order to be able to access all folders and files.
If access is not granted, the message ” Content File Locked ” will appear. Follow the steps below and check if the issue gets solved or not.
- Firstly, right-click on the Steam icon and choose the ” Properties ” option.
- Secondly, you have to click on the ” Compatibility ” tab when the Properties window will open.
- Thirdly, there will be a choice for ” Run as Administrator “. Put a checkmark.
- Fourthly, click Apply and Ok so the modification will be saved.
- Lastly, fire up Steam and see what happens.
6: Disable Antivirus
Disabling antivirus is easy and simple. You just required to go to the Antivirus dashboard and see the Disable option. Disable for 30 minutes or much. Or you can find the documentation on the antivirus site to turn off the Antivirus that you are using.
Read More: How To Turn Off Avast Easy Methods
So those are some methods to deal with Steam Locked Content Files. Follow the above solutions methods properly and fix the problem or issue. Write the comment in comment section after reading this post and suggest what I can change in this post thank you.
Tech3 is a technology platform where you can get the latest updates related to the Tech. Tech3 try to make happy their visitor.