Fallout 4 is an action role-playing game. It is developed by Bethesda Game studio. And it was published by Bethesda softworks on November 10, 2015.
This is the best game for every game lover. But it gives you a ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ Problem. This problem has become one of the biggest problems in Fallout 4.
In this article, I describe the five easy ways to fix the Fallout 4 crashing on startup. After following these methods step by step you will be able to solve this problem. And you can play your enjoyable game.
Method To Solve Fallout 4 Crashing On Startup
- Install the Latest Patch
- Set the graphics option to low
- Update your graphics card driver
- Temporarily disable the system antivirus program
- configure the setting in your Fallout 4
- Mouse Acceleration issue
- Use of 64 Bit Computer System
Method No. 1: Install The Latest Patch
Every software or game may have a different issue. That badly affects the efficiency of your game. That’s why developers continuously release the latest updates of the game. It will help to boost your game speed and efficiency.
When you don’t install the latest updates of the game. It will show Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup problem. So, you need to check the latest patch for your game.
If you find any latest updates, then download and install them. After complete updating, restart your computer. Run Fallout 4 to see this crashing problem has been fixed.
Method No. 2: Set The graphics Option To Low
The bad Video setting is a major cause of Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup problem. So you need to change your graphics setting,
Open your Fallout 4 game and choose ‘windowed mode’. This mode helps to improve the efficiency of your game. And also set a lower video setting according to your device.
Method No. 3: Update Your Graphics Card Driver
You face the ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ problem and you want to play the Fallout 4 game. Then, you need to make sure that your video card and its drivers both work accurately. You can update the graphics card driver manually. But it is a time-consuming and computer skills process.
If you want to save valuable time. Then you can update drivers automatically with ‘Driver Easy’. ‘Driver Easy’ will automatically scan your system. And find the right drivers for your system. If you install manually drivers, then most probably chances are you install the wrong drivers. Maybe these invalid drivers can badly harm your system.
Steps To Update Your Drivers
- Download ‘Driver Easy’ software on your system.
- After downloading, install ‘Driver Easy’ software.
- When the installing process complete, then run ‘Driver Easy’,
- Now, click on the ‘Scan Now’ button. Driver Easy scans your system and gives you a list of necessary or out-of-dated drivers.
- If you have a pro version of ‘Driver Easy’, then just update all buttons. It will automatically update all your outdated or missing drivers. But, if you have a free version then manually select the version and
- click on update.
- Wait until all drivers are installed.
- Restart your system to load these updated drivers.
- After following the above steps run Fallout 4 game on your system.
Method No. 4: Temporarily Disable The System Antivirus Program
As you know antivirus protects your system from viruses and bad files. Therefore, they block all bad files or viruses. Sometimes antivirus considers steam games as bad files. That’s why antivirus blocks these files. If you want to play Fallout 4 then you need to temporarily disable the antivirus. After disable antivirus run Fallout 4. if it works properly, you just need to add Fallout 4 into the exception in your antivirus.
Steps To temporary Disable The Antivirus Program
- An open antivirus program that you should install to protect your system
- Temporary disable installed antivirus program
- Run Fallout 4 game in your system
- If your game runs properly without any ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ problem.
- You just need to add Fallout 4 into the exception in your antivirus.
If the ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ problem occurred because of antivirus. Just follow the above steps. After complete these steps, your game works properly without any error.
Method No. 5: Configure The Setting In Your Fallout 4
The setting of every game is very important to play it efficiently. Sometimes improper settings create a ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ problem. So, you need to set your Fallout settings properly.
Steps To Configure Fallout 4 Settings
- Open Fallout 4 game settings
- Check the Fallout 4 or computer resolution. Make sure the computer resolution is equal to Fallout 4 resolution.
- Then, open ‘Graphics Adapter and Resolution’ settings
- After click on it, a new pop-up occurs. Tick the ‘Windowed mode’ and ‘Borderless’
- After tick these two points, click on OK
- Go to the next Fallout 4 Tweaker window
- Now, uncheck ‘Enable Intro Video’
- Uncheck ‘Enable God Rays’ in Fallout 4 settings
- Now click on the Save button
- Then, restart your system.
After following these steps you can play Fallout 4 without any ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ error.
Method No. 6: Mouse Acceleration Issue
As you know, the ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ very common problem. So, mouse acceleration is the most common solution for this issue.
Steps To Solve Mouse Acceleration Issue
- Open MyComputer
- Open ‘C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout’ location
- In the Folder, the search bar write ‘Fallout4Prefs.ini’
- Open ‘Fallout4Prefs.ini’ file
- In which you need to find ‘IpresentInterval=1’
- Change this values of ‘1’ into ‘0’
- Save and close this file
- Restart your computer
- Now, relaunch the steam
- In steam, click on the library menu
- Right-click on the Fallout 4
- Now, a pop-up list will appear
- Select ‘Properties’ from the given list
- Now click on the ‘Local Files’ menu
- Click on ‘Verify integrity of game files
- At the end click on the close button
After complete these steps, launch your Fallout 4 game. And see the error is gone. If this error is still alive then go to the next method.
Method No. 7: Use Of 64 Bit Computer System
The game is most likely created for a Specific bit computer system. To play this type of game you need the required operating system.
Fallout 4 game is a b4-bit operating system game. It is only playable in 64-bit compute system. So, if you have a 32-bit operating system. Then you need to change your operating system. To change the operating system you need to reinstall your windows operating system.
So, if you have a 32-bit operating system. Just reinstall the 64-bit bit operating system. After complete installing the 64-bit system, Install and run Fallout 4 game. Now, you’re able to play this amazing game.
Reasons To Fallout 4 Crashing Startup
There are different reasons to face Fallout 4 crashing startup problem
- Fallout 4 crashing startup on loading
- After loading
- Video resolution issue
- Graphics card issue
- Hardware issue
- The computer does not meet with requirements of Fallout 4 crashing startup
Read Also: Cartoonizer App For Android
Once you fix the ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ error by following the above methods. Your Fallout 4 game will start again without any problem. Now, You can enjoy the latest feature of this game. However, there are chances that the same error may strike again unexpectedly.
If the same error occurs again, don’t worry. And follow the above methods again to solve your issue.
From this article, I hope you will understand, how to solve the ‘Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup’ problem. And also know the reason why this error occurs. I hope this article is helpful for you and effortless to understand. If you have any other problems or queries about this topic, please ask them in the comment section.
Tech3 is a technology platform where you can get the latest updates related to the Tech. Tech3 try to make happy their visitor.